The Treasury of St Peter and Alexander at the Stiftsmuseum Aschaffenburg
Altar cross, after 1493,
silver, beaten, engraved, cast and in parts gilded, amethyst, garnet, nephrite
MSA Dep. KKPA 7/2009
The altar cross originally contained a particle of the “True Cross of Christ” in a small chamber on its reverse. Udalrich Kemmerlin, dean of the Chapter, donated the cross to the Treasury of St Peter and Alexander.